St Crux Parish Hall
Situated at the Pavement end of Shambles, the Parish Hall stands on the site of the now demolished Church of St Crux.
For decades, local churches, schools and charitable bodies have provided refreshments and sold goods from the site to raise funds for their organisations. That tradition continues to this day.
If your organisation would like to use the Parish Hall in this way, please contact Rodney Troubridge, the Hall Manager, by email at
City of York Guilds
Our church has long been the spiritual home for the Guilds of York (the forerunners of modern day trade associations).
The older Guilds have an unbroken record of over 500 years of mutual support and charitable works.
Find out more about each Guild by clicking on its name below:
The Royal Dragoon Guards
Our church is the regimental church for The Royal Dragoon Guards.
The regiment can trace its origins back to four antecedent regiments, all formed in the late 1680s – the 4th Royal Irish Dragoon Guards, the 5th Dragoon Guards, the 7th Dragoon Guards, and the 6th Inniskilling Dragoons.
Perhaps its most famous former Officer is Captain Lawrence Oates (of the 6th Inniskilling Dragoons), who walked to his death in the freezing winds of the Antarctic on 17th March 1912 in order that his Terra Nova Expedition colleagues might have a greater chance of survival as they returned from the South Pole. The Regimental Association holds a service at All Saints, Pavement every March to commemorate Captain Oates.
The regimental museum – the York Army Museum – lies within the parish, at 3 Tower Street (opposite Clifford’s Tower).